Sunday, July 20, 2008

20 July 2008

Capt DP, Seth and I went just north into Alabama to do some Bass fishing. We left Pensacola around 1630 on Saturday, arrived at our lake camp at 1845, and got in a half hour of fishing before the sun went down. One lone Bass fell to Seths bait that evening, but the morning bite should be much better, we hoped.

The alarm clock rang at 0515, a quick bite and to the lake! The Bluegill fishing was awesome! I wish I'd taken pictures of some of them, they were huge. I must have caught 15 or more Bluegills over 9" long by myself, Seth and DP were wearing them out too. WOW!

The Bass fishing was notably better than last nights. We boated 7 of the fish that bit, including these two brutes. I lost another one about the same size earlier in the morning...he ate a cricket, on 8 lb, I didn't stand a chance.



No comments: