Monday, October 6, 2008

26-28 Sept 2008

I played camera boat for the Oh Boy! Oberto Redfish Cup this weekend. It was a great experience. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the camera man and the anglers on the other boat, in between catching Speckled Trout after Speckled Trout!!!

Friday I followed 2009 Team Of The Year, Sepe and Bostick, as they fished the Panama City flats looking for Redfish. They managed 10.31 pounds, ending the day in 25th. I however would have finished well in a tournament for the most Speckled Trout. I fooled, and landed, 15 nice Trout. Lost as many as I landed and had numerous fish swipe at the bait or follow it back to the boat but not find a hook. My largest fish weighed in around 4.5 pounds, it was a great morning.

Saturday I was reassigned with the team of Pope and Buckner, who ended day one with 13.75, in 5th place. We all headed for Panama City and, although the bite was much slower, it was a near repeat of yesterday for me. I caught 12 Trout while following my team at a good pace, solely throwing a suspending hard-bait at sand patches along the flats. I would have preferred to fish the sandy areas slower, but Pope and Buckner fish fast, so I had no choice but to keep up. Fishing fast payed off for the team, they weighed 12.54, putting them into 2nd place going into the final day.

Sunday I was back in Panama City with Pope and Buckner. Again the pattern from yesterday was the ticket for both the team, and myself. The Trout fishing was good and the Redfishing was profitable. Pope and Buckner ended the final day in 2nd place, their best finish this season.

I had a good time, but I hope next year it will be someone else following ME!

Until next time...

No comments: