Saturday, April 11, 2009

11 Apr 2009

Dennis, Julia, Sean, and Daniel were ready to go the moment I got to Shoreline Park this morning. We immediately headed for the Pass with hopes of finding a good spot. There were very few boats around when we arrived and the anchor set right on the first drop. Sweet! Deploy the Shrimp...and wait. Although it felt like forever before someones drag started screaming, not more than 5 minutes had passed.


I cannot explain the feeling when the first fish of the day is in the net, it's smiles and high fives all around, camera shutters are clicking...success!!!


After that, it was all fun and games, and boy did we have fun. The fish bit steadily all morning and we caught a variety of species. Redfish, Black Drum, Sheepsheads, a Porcupine Puffer, and a Pigfish all found themselves flopping around on deck at some time during the morning.


The time between bites was spent laughing, joking, and generally "carrying on", as my Grandmother would say. It was a riot, I felt like I'd been fishing with these guys for years. I commend Dennis and his wife for doing a great job with their kids. We'll get you out next time, Mrs C.


All together we caught 7 Sheepsheads, 3 Black Drum, 2 Redfish, 1 Pigfish, 1 Porcupine Puffer, some lost fishing line, and Sean repeatedly attempted, to no avail, to catch the rock on the bottom of the pass. I give him full credit for his effort.


Thank you guys again for fishing with me today. It was a fantastic morning! I can't wait to do it again!

Thanks very much to the readers for stopping by...but really, get away from the computer and wet a line, if you have a kid, take them along, have a good time, laugh, catch a fish, then call and give me a report!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh,

Although we went on Saturday, I think we've spoken about the trim hundreds of times already. I've referred you to my fathers work colleague. I think everyones favorite part was the pig fish. Only 6" or so in length it provided plenty of laughs! We keep teasing Julia about her "luck" catching the most fish award and Dan definately gets the novelty fish award for the puffer and the pig fish he caught.
Thanks again for the wonderful memories and the laughs. It may be the only thing that gets Julia over to P-cola for a visit next year while she visits FSU!
Best Regards to you and your family. Hope your son is ok.
DC