Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's been a real busy past couple of weeks...

...and my reports have suffered for it, I must admit.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for fishing with me. If it wasn't for you, I'd have little to report.

And thanks to all of you for continuing to check in on me.

The fishing (and the weather) has been really good lately. The King Mackerel and big Spanish Mackerel are cruising the Gulf just a few miles off the beach. Large Speckled Trout are still hanging out on the grassflats that dominate our inshore waters. Red Snapper season is officially open and bag limits are filling up fast. The Bull Redfish bite has been slow, as usual this time of year, but a few continue to be caught. Ladyfish, Bluefish, and Blue Runners are covering the beach-front and the kids have been having a great time catching them. Now is a great time to get out there and treat yourself with a day on the water or take your family fishing and share a memorable experience.

June 13 will find Captain Dusty and I in Venice, Louisiana for the IFA event held at Venice Marina. Wish us luck! With limited days to pre-fish we'll need all the luck we can muster.

In other news: My son's soccer team finished their final tournament on May 23rd first in their age group. They were 8-0-1 during regular season play; only giving up 4 goals the entire season! And they owned the post season tournament, finishing 3-0. We're real proud of our Rockets! The best U-8 team in the league!

Thanks for stopping by
Capt. Josh

No comments: