Thursday, July 5, 2007

30 June 2007

I met Harris and John at 0530 at Heron Bayou. I had been getting good reports about the mouth of Perdido River and and surrounding areas; so we fished Perdido Bay..and I strongly stress FISHED !!! The fishing was HORRIBLE, the worst day I've seen all year. There were more Dolphins chasing Mullet than I can ever remember seeing in North Perdido Bay. I think that had a lot to do with the fish bite, which was non- existent. Harris pointed out the full moon still glaring at us from just above the horizon. Whatever the cause, it wasn't great.We did, however, manage not to get skunked when Harris boated a Largemouth Bass.

All in all a pretty poor morning, but that's how it happens sometimes. You can't be a hero EVERYDAY!

I got home to a rambunctious 5 year old, begging to go fishing. I relented, and hauled the boat to Galvez for a short trip with Shawn and Cam.

We ran to the Pass and I caught one oversize red while Cam caught a nice Ladyfish and a shell (don't ask me how). Then we headed back to the ramp, back to pick the baby up and on to the house. By the time I got the boat cleaned and things re-stowed I was exhausted..what a long day.

No comments: