Tuesday, June 12, 2007

10 June 2007

Dad called for Cam at around 0545, man was that early! He asked if Cam would like to join him for a Grandfather/ Grandson morning of fishing with Dad's lifelong friend Terry and his grandson. Cam was rarin' to go by the time dad showed; they hopped in the truck and were off!

I had a nice morning just hangin' around the house with my girls, lazing on the couch finishing a few chores. I ran to the store for life's staples (bread, milk, and eggs) and arrived home to a calamity.

Dad answers MY door with a big wide grin and asks me to accompany himn to his cooler. Boy was I in for a surprize!! Crammed into Dad's little playmate cooler was this 6lb slab of Tripletail; which my 5yr old son hooked and landed all on his own on 12lb tackle.

How awesome is that?!?!?!?

Out comes Cam hootin' and hollerin' and jumping up and down, "SeewhatIcaught?!?SeewhatIcaught?!?allbymyself?!?" After I got him to calm down, and slow down, I finally got the whole story from him. How Paw-Paw threw the bait out and handed him the rod. Then how he jigged the shrimp. Then how he let him eat it. Then how he set the hook. Then how he fought the fish. Then how Mr. Terry netted the fish. Then how they all high-fived.

Man, he was so excited, and so was I. I'm so proud of that little dude!

Look out fish, Cam's commin'

No comments: