Sunday, June 17, 2007

15 June 2007

I decided late last night to fish today, do a little scouting and check a few snapper holes. The weather forecast looked perfect; so I started making a few phone calls to find someone to go. I called all my usual suspects and got the usual answers (I gotta work, wish you'd a called an hour ago, my brothers-wife's-sisters-nephew might want to) Between all this and getting to boat ready, it got late real quick. At around 2330, I decided I'd take my lifelong friends Me and Myself, and off to bed I went.

The alarm went off around 0545 (snooze), 0600(snooze), 0615(snooze),0630(snooze), 0645...all right, all right all ready!!! Up I got, jumped into the truck and to the ramp by 0715.

Headed for the Gulf, I stopped to get some livies in the Pass, and took the 8 mile ride to the snapper hole in about 12.5 minutes. My first two stops were short snapper, but the next three were holding good numbers of Snappers and Triggerfish. I was using my normal inshore tackle for these fish (12lb-20lb combos) with live threadfin herring and cut squid. I lost a LOT of fish to the wreck, but I had a blast, and the one's that I landed were that much more rewarding.

Cooler count for the day:
2 legal snapper
1 triggerfish
6 or so hours of peace and quiet

No comments: