Friday, June 1, 2007

28 May 2007

Met Mitch and his son David for a morning of father/son bonding over a little fishing. And thank God for the bonding, because there sure wasn't a lot of fishing to be had today!!


We started our morning getting live bait for the Redfish. Hoping to continue yesterdays success, we went to the Pass. The only real difference from yesterday was the wind...and LOTS of it!! We started our first drift and quickly landed two Catfish. I noticed a lot of algae comming up on our lines, much more than earlier in the week. It's usually a good indicator that you're keeping the bait near bottom, to come up with a little algae every now and then. But this was every drop! This slowed the fishing considerably, but I still felt confident that if we put our time in we would be rewarded with a nice Redfish. Well, by this time the sea state was starting to get to Mitch, and I really didn't want him to get sick, so we elected to return to Big Lagoon and try our luck trout fishing.


Being a holiday weekend the boats and jet skis were out in force. Running all over the flats and just generally making a day of poor conditions even worse. We gave it a valiant effort. At one time David asked me if I really was going to keep fishing until we put another fish in the boat. I told him he was darn tootin' I was going to stay!!!!!! Well, 30-45 min later Mitch, David and I all agreed that maybe it was time to hang it up and head for home, and we did.


The fishing was horrible, but the company was wonderful! I had such a great time hanging out with these guys today. We laughed and joked and carried on all morning. Pulling up to the ramp we exchanged handshakes, smiles and laughs and swore that next time'll be our day!

No comments: